- Make the word count for the online version of a given topic about half the word count used when writing for print.
- Put the most important information at the top.
- Allow users to quickly find the information they want.
- Avoid "marketese" in favor of a more objective style.
- Do not use clever or cute headings.
- Limit the use of metaphors.
- Use simple sentence structures.
Seth Godin has an interesting post about writing a blog post.
Access more web writing tips here, here, here, and here.
Jay, from Bangalore.